Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog, BLOG, blog, Blog, blog, blogblog

It's been a busy couple of back-to-school weeks, here at the Barlow household. Suffice it to say, I have very little profound to write at the moment. Last week I wrote nothing, so maybe this meaningless blog is at least a step in the right direction!

I'm excited about some new classes that I'm teaching at the kids' school and the local homeschool co-op. Often known as a "Jackie-of-all-trades" (mistress-of-none??), I'm venturing into the world of teaching gourmet cooking to teens this year. My classes are bursting at the seams as we start off with appetizers, of course. Last week I indoctrinated them with the fresh cooking style of Jamie Oliver--after all, he's a guy, British, extremely hip, uses words like "just whack it in the oven..." and has an insatiable enthusiasm for good food and cooking--what more could you ask for to inspire young chefs?

I'm also gearing up for my first writer's conference next week! (see my countdown widget) I'm not sure what to think right now, except that with all of the angst and the chatter going on among the writer's preparing to attend, I'm thrilled to have the luxury of just being along for the ride this time. Since my first novel is still in its "embryonic stages", there's no pressure to pitch my work to editors or agents right now. I plan to do my "sponge" thing again, just soaking it all up, and way over my head in the water. But that'll be fun now that I've got this "scuba diving" thing down! Some new "writing" friends of mine will be arriving, too! Click here to find out who?

By the way, if you happen to be in Dallas on Sept. 22 at 1:30there will be a HUGE book signing event open to the public. More details on that...coming soon!!!!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Christina Tarabochia said...

You are so totally lucky that those FAMOUS, FUN authors-to-be are staying at your house. I'm insanely jealous and can only dream that they will someday grace me with their presence.

I left a response to your comment on my blog.... ;-)