Saturday, November 10, 2007

My (writing) Life Interrupted...

For those who have been wondering why my blog has lain silent this past month...well, it was due to a period I needed for mourning. 


On October 19th, I packed my "writing life" up in a crate and (literally) put it on a shelf. It was a very difficult thing to agree with God to do, just when things seemed to be really starting to roll along. He was merciful in giving me a sense of peace over it though too.

Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, 
if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, 
if any affection and mercy, 
fulfill my joy by being like-minded, 
having the same love, 
being of one accord, of one mind. 

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, 
but in lowliness of mind 
let each esteem others better than himself. 
Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, 
but also for the interests of others.
(Phillipians 2:1-4)


Family life and relationships always have to be first, I remember hearing not too long ago at the conference. Well, there have been some sudden changes in ours, and the stress level was steadily growing to a point where something in the household had to give. Teaching several classes couldn't change, neither could my husband's increased workload. The only thing left after a thorough examination was writing

So, NO, I haven't quit.  I'm not looking at it like that right now. Rather, if I'm meant to pick up my story again then it will be according to God's timing and plan for it.  This may just be for a few more months while things are difficult, or it might be a long while. I've had to trust Him with that and just lay it all at His feet for good. 

He IS good, ALL of the time!

Tears shed, cheeks wiped, chin up, heart right.... it's finally time to let the word out.
As much as I miss my characters, tweaking plot lines, and counting words, this is the one place where I will continue to write whatever God lays on my heart. 

  All grief set aside, I and this blog must move on.... SO with more of a family, womanhood, parenting note, and with a few book reviews thrown in, undoubtedly, the adventure continues!! Well, as often as time at home allows, of course.

Please remember me in your prayers as I seek to glorify our Lord the best I can in whatever He brings day to day. If you'd like to share something, I'd love to pray for you too!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
(Romans 12:12)

No comments: